Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Love Of Siam soundtrack


Love of Siam is an award-winning thai movie. Billed as a romantic drama, it's basically a story about family, friendship and love.

It revolves around 2 childhood best friends who rekindled their close friendship after being apart for many years. Now in their teens, Mew is pursuing his goal of being a singer and composer, yet is having difficulty writing love songs because he has never been in love. Tong, due to family problems, changed from an initially active boy to a pensive teen with a lot of questions on his life. A chance meeting brought both boys together and the close friendship they once shared turned into something deeper, resulting in distinct changes in their lives. For Mew, he is finally able to express his love in songs and for Tong, it seems that he has finally found the answer to his life. A shared first kiss witnessed by Tong's mother didn't go well, and she begged Mew to stop the relationship.

Things began to go downhill as the request seemed to take a negative toll on everything. However, due to constant support from friends, things began to get better as both boys realised that love lives in many forms and not being together in a relationship doesn't necessarily mean that the love they feel for each other is absent. I was told many people felt cheated watching this movie because they didn't go to the cinema to watch a gay film. To me, this film deals with a lot of questions teenagers have about growing up and developing a relationship, being with family, friends and lovers.

I tried to purchase this soundtrack but was informed it wasn't in stock. I downloaded this from the net, but just want to share it with you. Hope you enjoy it. I don't speak Thai, but that didn't stop me from appreciating the music and the performance.

1. Gun lae gun - Flure
2. Ticket (day trip) - Chookiat Sakveerakul & August Band
3. Roo suek barng mhai - Pitch
4. Pieng ter - Pitch
5. Gun lae gun (acoustic version) - Chookiat Sakveerakul
6. Kuen aun pen niran - Passakorn Wiroonsup
7. Gun lae gun (live) - Pitch
8. Roo suek barng mhai (original mix) - Pitch
9. Pieng ter (demo) - Chookiat Sakveerakul
10. Ticket (day trip) (instrumental)

"Just ask yourself who you think of when you are listening to love song."

Download - Love of Siam soundtrack

11 comments:

IceHawke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
IceHawke said...

Thank you for posting this.

Love of Siam, the movie, the soundtrack and the acting touched me so deeply.

I can empathise with Tong's character. As an asian, in my teenage years, I was also pressured by family disapproval from pursuing my childhood love.

To this day, I regret making the same decision that Tong made. I mourn for his character bec he chose to deprive himself of true love to appease his homophobhic family.

I understand that family is important to Asians. But too often gays suffer internally just to appease their parents. Perhaps the problem is with Asian parents who really want their kids to live the lifes the parents themselves were not able to live, rather than for their kids to just be happy.

Great acting, Mario and Witwisit

edibility said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!!!!!

sigh, I wish I had a chance to experience such puppy love...

Arthur said...

Thank you so much for this too! I totally love the song that Mew written after he met Tong... Touched beyond words... Yeah.. I chanced upon this superb movie and just finished watching this heatwarming production.

Too bad it wasn't shown in Singapore... Such a beautiful rare work...

Phuong said...

hayy thanks so much for posting this but i cant seem to get it to work on my computer? is there any way to get it into .mp3 instead of .rar?

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the soundtrack. I love this movie so much, and its soundtrack is really neat.
I cried watching the movie last night, it was totally beautiful and sad. I have some sort of love for sad-ending stories, after all.
Their love was beautiful, but it hurts, alot, more than it's seen. I'm not saying that we should avoid it, love just comes whenever it wants to, as such unexpected time. But then again, being in a homosexual relationship can hurt alot.
I feel sympathy to Mew. But I never got to see her, like how Mew met Tong again.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this! I just finished watching the movie yesternight and was promptly moved to tears by the story and songs :)

Unknown said...

thank you for the post! :)
this movie is really nice, and since i can relate much at the first part of the movie, uh anyway cheers! even though this movie was out 2 years back then, ive just've seen this movie since i cant get on homo themed movies since im still at the closet, but this is really a good film :)

Unknown said...

ahmm thanks a lot for posting this.. I've been looking a long time for a complte tracklist of the movie soundtrack..

I am gay ang i can really say that the movie moved me to a different level.. I cried at the ending part when they Tong chose not to be Mew for his family..

Great acting for both actors(Mario and Witwisit).. This is one of the few gay movies I've watched that did not make the gay love story, especially the kissing scene, in any way, obscene and lewd..

The cinemeatography was so plain that it made me feel i was in the movie.. hahah :)

Thumbs up to its director and to anyone who haven't watched.. I highly recommend you do..

rnee433 keep smilin' :3

Unknown said...

ahmm thanks a lot for posting this.. I've been looking a long time for a complete tracklist of the movie soundtrack..

I am gay ang i can really say that the movie moved me to a different level.. I cried at the ending part when Tong chose not to be with Mew for his family..

Great acting for both actors(Mario and Witwisit).. This is one of the few gay movies I've watched that did not make the gay love story, especially the kissing scene, in any way, obscene and lewd..

The cinematography was so plain that it made me feel i was in the movie.. hahah :)

Thumbs up to its director and to anyone who haven't watched.. I highly recommend you do..

rnee433 keep smilin' :3
-- sorry for the first post I am quite sleepy na po ehh.. hehhe :)

Unknown said...

hi do you know where can i download the love of siam theme song that only the instrument, it played when tong playing treasure with mew in siam square...a piano instrument. if you know please tell me cause i love these instrument. thx before