Saturday, July 12, 2008

Julie Andrews - Broadway : The Music of Richard Rodgers


Julie Andrews auditioned for Rodgers & Hammerstein for a new musical, but was told that if she were offered the role in Lerner & Loewe's My Fair Lady, that she should accept it. History was made as My Fair Lady turned her into a big Broadway star. Later Rodgers & Hammerstein wrote Cinderella for her and she immortalized the role of Maria von Trapp in the movie version of The Sound of Music, now considered a classic.

This cd showcases Julie Andrews' interpretation of songs by Richard Rodgers, of his work with lyricists like Oscar Hammerstein II, Lorenz Hart and Stephen Sondheim.

1. The sound of music
2. I have dreamed
3. I wish I were in love again
4. Where or when
5. A Waltz carousel (The carousel waltz / Do I hear a waltz? / It's a grand night for singing / A wonderful guy / Out of my dreams / Oh what a beautiful morning / This nearly was mine)
6. Nobody told me
7. This can't be love - Thou swell
8. My funny Valentine
9. It never entered my mind - Spring is here
10. Bewitched
11. If I loved you
12. Edelweiss
13. A cock-eyed optimist

Download - Broadway : The music of Richard Rodgers

Buy it at Amazon

No comments: