Saturday, July 12, 2008

Julie Andrews - Broadway : The Words of Alan Jay Lerner


Alan Jay Lerner was a famous lyricist on Broadway. His great works include My Fair Lady, Brigadoon, Paint Your Wagon and Camelot. Julie Andrews created the roles of Eliza Doolittle and Queen Guinevere in the musicals My Fair Lady and Camelot.

After the success of Broadway : The music of Richard Rodgers, Julie Andrews returned to the studios to interpret the songs of Alan Jay Lerner.

1. On a clear day
2. Brigadoon suite (Brigadoon/Overture / Almost like bein' in love ? Waitin' for my dearie / The heather on the hill / Come to me, bend to me / From this day on)
3. My love is a married man
4. Here I'll stay
5. Paint your wagon suite (Paint your wagon / They call the wind Maria / I talk to the trees / Another autumn)
6. Someone on your side
7. One more walk around the garden
8. My fair lady suite (Overture / Wouldn't it be loverly? / Let a woman in your life / Just you wait / Poor Professor Higgins / The rain in Spain / You did it / Show me / I could have danced all night / I've grown accustomed to his face)
9. Take care of this house
10. What did I have that I don't have
11. Camelot suite (Camelot / The simple joys of maidenhood / How to handle a woman / If ever I would leave you / What the simple folks do / I loved you once in silence / Guinevere / Camelot)
12. There's always one you can't forget

(Track 12 is damaged. I will try to repair it)

Download - Broadway : The words of Alan Jay Lerner

Buy it at Amazon

No comments: